THE MOST INNOVATIVE, TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED, AND USER-FRIENDLY DETECTOR DEVICE EVER CREATED
Welcome to the future of Radar Detection. Cobra iRadar combines industry leading radar/laser detection technology with the power of your smartphone. Connect to iRadar using your phone's Bluetooth® connection to view-and-share radar alerts, flag Live Police areas, and be warned of upcoming speed and red-light cameras.
Check out the Cobra iRadar iPhone app HERE!
WHY WE LOVE IT
The folks at Cobra are thoughtfully innovative in ways we're grateful for. If the awards aren't enough to convince you, their attention to detail is what we want to highlight. They work hard to provide the kind of features and compatibility that are designed to save you time and money, and to help you see into your future with the Cobra community giving you a heads-up on what dangers (of ALL types) you might be approaching while driving.
By far one of the coolest things about the iRadar is the integrated crowd-sourced reports from other iRadar users. It takes the entire concept to a whole new level.
Radar detectors of the past were pretty noisy, especially if you live in Los Angeles, and configuring it to stop all the noise can be pretty frustrating. The ability to control the iRadar from your iOS or Android device is a huge improvement. Not only is it easier to configure the settings, but it’s also easier to understand what the settings do.
- *Community-based detection:* When used in conjunction with the Cobra iRadar app the iRAD 150 allows users to automatically share radar and laser alerts with other iRadar users in real time. This means that iRadar provides advanced warning of speed enforcement based on timely data from other users. iRadar’s expansive user-community its most major differentiator in the market. iRadar has been on the market since 2010 and averages 1.1 million user-reports per month. With more detectors on the road and more active users on the app, the iRadar community provides the most accurate and timely threat information on the market.
- *Report button* allows users to manually report locations of Live Police, Photo Enforcement Areas, and Caution Areas to other iRadar users.
- *360-degree detection* of all known speed measurement devices including X, K, and Ka-Band Radar, Laser, LIDAR, and radar detector detectors.
- *Includes free access to AURA*, which alerts as you are approaching speed and red-light cameras from Cobra’s verified database.
- *City/Highway mode* to maximize detection sensitivity on the open road and reduce false alerts in the city.
- Utilizes your smart phone’s display for *the industry’s most intuitive and informative user-interface*, including a tutorial and feature descriptions for customized setup.
- *Follow-Me Mode:* A new rotating map and automatic zoom based on vehicle speed allows iRadar to show more of the road ahead of you. This greatly improves your driving experience by allowing you to see alert locations well before you get to them.
- *Simple Navigation:* Enter an address and iRadar will plot the best route to your destination on the map. This is a great supplement to, or even replacement for, running a separate navigation app.
- *Live Traffic Information:* Real-time traffic information is now shown directly on the map so that you can avoid congested areas and hit the open road.
- *Map Controls:* Now you can zoom, pan, tilt, and rotate the map to your heart’s content.
- *Macro View:*Alert icons are now shown on the map even when you zoom far out. This allows you to see where iRadar alerts are concentrated or spot isolated alert locations on long stretches of road.
THE PROOF: AWARDS ON AWARDS ON AWARDS
- 2011, 2012, 2013 International CES Design and Engineering Innovation Award
- Mac|Life's Most Innovative Product, CES 2011
- 2011 CES Innovations Award Winner
- 2011 Chicago Innovation Award Finalist
- 2010 SEMA Best New Product – Runner Up