Sid Meier's Civilization®: Beyond Earth™
8 Different Expedition Sponsors, Alien World, Tech Web, & More! Create a New Civilization in Space
Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth is a new science-fiction-themed entry into the award-winning Civilization series. Set in the future, global events have destabilized the world leading to a collapse of modern society, a new world order, and an uncertain future for humanity. As the human race struggles to recover, the re-developed nations focus their resources on deep space travel to chart a new beginning for mankind.
As part of an expedition sent to find a home beyond Earth, you will write the next chapter for humanity as you lead your people into a new frontier and create a new civilization in space. Explore and colonize an alien planet, research new technologies, amass mighty armies, build incredible Wonders and shape the face of your new world. As you embark on your journey you must make critical decisions. From your choice of sponsor and the make-up of your colony to the ultimate path you choose for your civilization, every decision opens up new possibilities.
Seed the Adventure: Establish your cultural identity by choosing one of eight different expedition sponsors, each with its own leader and unique gameplay benefits. Assemble your spacecraft, cargo & colonists through a series of choices that directly seed the starting conditions when arriving at the new planet.
Colonize an Alien World: Explore the dangers and benefits of a new planet filled with dangerous terrain, mystical resources, and hostile life forms unlike those of Earth. Build outposts, unearth ancient alien relics, tame new forms of life, develop flourishing cities and establish trade routes to create prosperity for your people.
Technology Web: To reflect progress forward into an uncertain future, technology advancement occurs through a series of nonlinear choices that affect the development of mankind. The technology web is organized around three broad themes, each with a distinct victory condition.
Orbital Layer: Build and deploy advanced military, economic and scientific satellites that provide strategic offensive, defensive, & support capabilities from orbit.
Unit Customization: Unlock different upgrades through the tech web & customize your units to reflect your play style.
Multiplayer: Up to 8 players can compete for dominance of a new alien world.
- Mod support: Robust mod support allows you to customize & extend your game experience
About the Game
- Release date: October 24, 2014
- Series: Sid Meier's Civilization
- Developer: Firaxis Games, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux)
- Publisher: 2K, Aspyr (Mac), Aspyr (Linux)
- Type: Strategy
- ESRB (US): Everyone 10+
- PEGI (EU): 12
- RARS (Russia): 12+
- ACB (Australia): M - Recommended for mature audiences
- USK (Germany): 12
- Supported languages: Traditional Chinese, English, German, French, Italian, Korean, Spanish-Spain, Russian, Japanese, Polish
Get a full preview of Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth here
- 86% Very Positive reviews on Steam
- 87% rating on PC Gamer
- 81% rating on Metacritic
- 4.1/5 stars on Amazon: ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★
System Requirements (Minimum)
Steam redemption. This deal offers only the SteamOS+Linux/Mac-compatible version of the game
- macOS 10.12 (Sierra)
- Processor: Intel Core i3
- CPU Speed: 2.2 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free disk space
- Graphics: ATI Radeon 4850 / nVidia 640M /Intel HD 4000
- SteamOS, Ubuntu 14.04
- Processor: Intel Core i3, AMD A10
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Hard disk space: 8GB
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 260
- Length of access: lifetime
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Access options: desktop
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.